Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Sifting through thoughts

Conversations always seem to come full circle sooner or later. Who knew Guy B might ever have to pass on advice to Girl B? Good talk, though. :) Funny how things work sometimes...
...

Chatting tonight, I was sifting through the millions of pictures on my laptop and came across my "Family" folder. Most of the pictures that my family takes together end up on the desktop computer downstairs because usually they're taken at family events and therefore are on my family cameras (yes, cameras) whereas the pictures I take on my camera are always uploaded to good ol' Jenny. ANYwhooo...the point I was going to get around to making was that any of the family pictures on my computer tend to be less formal.

Since they're less formal and I don't tend to have to inspect them for printing quality approval (do I have food in my teeth, can you see the food on so-and-so's shirt) I tend to forget about them next to immediately. And so, today's sift turned up the following series of pictures that totally tickled my funny bone. Each of us took our turns and posed, pictured, and then compared.





Out of Mom, Dad, Brodder, and I, it is Dad and Brodder whose calves look the most alike. Apparently this was a debate that was weighty enough to require photographic documentation. *shakes head* Only my family.
...

"OMG, I've been X-nayed!"
...

She can hear a commotion--if it can be called that--out in the receptionist's area, but she doesn't look up; it's probably the delivery boy with that day's mail. She continues with her monotonous routine of office duties: verify, type, check, file. She suddenly becomes aware of someone looming over the front of the desk. She looks up and finds herself looking into his face. Slightly stunned, but without being able to help herself, she smiles.
    "What are you doing here?"
He returns the smile, but ignores her question and instead poses one of his own.
    "Where's your passport?"
    "At home, why?"
Still smiling, he again ignores her question.
    "Let's go get it."
He reaches over and extends his hand to her. Puzzled, but trusting, she takes it and allows herself to be gently raised to her feet. He leads her out from behind her desk, past the receptionist, and out of the building, believing, blinking, into the sunlight.

...

JULIET
...To-morrow will I send.

ROMEO
So thrive my soul--

JULIET
A thousand times good night!

ROMEO
A thousand times the worse, to want thy light.
Love goes toward love, as schoolboys from their books,
But love from love, toward school with heavy looks.
...

A thousand.

No comments: