Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Long Way Home

It's twenty after six and it just dawned on me that my boss said he wasn't going to be in tomorrow. And yet here I am, still working away. Not that I mind. I'd rather be busy and distracted than at home alone with my thoughts. On top of it all, I'm taking the TTC home--and I don't mind that either. I haven't done so in so long. Mom wanted to go pick Brodder up tonight and asked to take the car from me at work. I didn't mind. As chance would have it, I'd brought the one and only book I want to be reading at the moment. It will keep me company on the long ride home. I had it with me before I went to bed last night. Although I had the cover open for the longest time, reading, I didn't read a word of the book last night.

It's funny how some things find their way back to you.

That's what I'm hoping.
...

    "Boo, it's heartbreak...I'm dizzy again, and I'm already sitting down..."
    "I know...It just takes time; a lot of love songs to squeeze the poison out. I'm gonna multimedia you back to health."

Nuff.

No comments: