Sunday, December 30, 2007

Liquid Language

I just effin' wiped out down the stairs. Definite bruise on my arm, but thank god for banisters. I shouldn't have finished the wine. Either bottle of it.
...

you're not crazy

neither are you.
we're hopeless romantics that are sometimes just hopeless
cheers

cheers
...

I'm the one who really loves you baby
I've been knocking at your door

As long as I'm living, I'll be waiting
As long as I'm breathing, I'll be there
Whenever you call me, I'll be waiting
Whenever you need me, I'll be there

I've seen you cry
Into the night
I feel your pain
Can I make it right
I realized there's no end inside
Yet still I'll wait
For you to see the light

I'm the one who really loves you baby
I can't take it anymore

As long as I'm living, I'll be waiting
As long as I'm breathing, I'll be there
Whenever you call me, I'll be waiting
Whenever you need me, I'll be there

You are my only I've ever known
That makes me feel this way
Couldn't on my own
I want to be with you until we're old

You have the love you need right in front of you
Please come home

As long as I'm living, I'll be waiting
As long as I'm breathing, I'll be there
Whenever you call me, I'll be waiting
Whenever you need me, I'll be there

...

Perhaps you should just leave me alone.
...

I want more wine

I want more [of her]

You know who I want more of

c
o
m
p
l
i
c
a
t
e
d

LOL
...

Just lately the panic has set in and I've started to wonder whether the answer has been staring me in the face this whole time. But regardless if that is the case or not, I know don't have the courage to face it and find out for myself. Nor would I have the courage to face all of those who are ready to tell me that they told me so.

It has been supposed that the JF(ed)C are inextricably entwined and that there is only a certain level of happiness that can be shared amongst them. If that is the case, and if one of us is hogging all of it so that the other two of them are left in the cold, then I am okay with it; that means it's that strong and that worth it. I will cheer on love, as I know the rest of us would if it were proven to be that good.
...

I know there's some red, but I know my head will hate me tomorrow. Then again, it's 4:30 in the morning--it IS tomorrow.
....

So baby I will wait for you
Cause I don’t know what else I can do
Don’t tell me I ran out of time
If it takes the rest of my life

Baby I will wait for you
If you think I'm fine it just ain’t true
I really need you in my life
No matter what I have to do
I’ll wait for you
...

The minutes continue their countdown to midnight. She busies herself in the kitchen pouring champagne to distract herself and for an excuse to escape all of the happy couples gathered in her living room, ready to ring in the new year. There are plenty of friends new and old with her that night to celebrate and she does her best to think of them and how they made it there, rather than notice the one that's missing.

Steady-handed,but taking care with her left wrist just like in her old serving days, she carries the trays of champagne glasses out to share with everyone in the closing moments of the year. The counter on the channel they've tuned into announces that its down to the last minute. Everyone grabs a glass and then gathers around for the countdown. Smiles are all around; she smiles too to fit in. As the commotion and excitement grows around her, she realizes her phone is vibrating.

A message: "Knock knock"

She notes the sender and raises an eyebrow to herself. Her heart pounds in disbelief; she smiles whole-heartedly now. Discreetly, she slips from the crowd to the door. She doesn't look out the window, but takes a deep breath before opening it. He's standing there, grinning. A moment passes between them as she lets the moment sink in--she feels like she's floating. The crowd begins the countdown without even noticing her absence.

10...9...8...

"What are you..."

...7...6...

He just shrugs, stepping up onto the top step, now face-to-face with her.

...5...4...3...

"Happy New Year."

...2...1...

They kiss.

...

While I may never stop dreaming, I can't help but snap into a sobering wakefulness once in a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The rain - rain - (rain) - on my face
In the rain - rain - to hide my pain - on my..
Hey I like to go out in the rain - rain - (rain)
On my face - in the rain - rain - to hide my pain - on my..
Hey I like to go out in the..


See I'm a single brown male, dark hair, dark eyes
who likes Long walks through a park and a lot of them lies
I'm a little bit shaded by a lot of what I see
So if you're still interested you should come get at me
Cause I'm tired of getting shot down, put down and dissed
I wanna be picked up, held tight and kissed
But things like this don't happen to dudes like me
Because I'm more Coldplay than I am Ice-T
They say that good girls love bad guys and that might be
But a bad girl with a good guy, that's unlikely
So what's a man to do to get to hold hands with you?
Do I talk shit and stand and look hard with my crew?
I don't know what to do, so I drown in my drink
It helps to numb the pain, cause when I sit and think about it
Eyes get clouded, thoughts get crowded (thoughts get clouded)
So I'ma sit right here, wait for you to talk about it
In the rain..


Said she had a boyfriend, just trying to be nice
But I've heard the same lines from different women all night
Too easy a let down, but don't let it get you down
Shit, that's what my boys told me, but at the end of the night
I was still sitting lonely, if only I could find 'em
Without all the drama, without the one-liners
"Excuse me miss, hey mam, you got a man, what's ya name?"
I'm in my mid-twenties so enough with the games
Simply put I think you're stunning, and what about some kids?
A couple dogs, a couple cars, a four bedroom crib?
Look, I'm not trying to jib, I'm just speaking from the heart
But we can start with a drink if you wanna play it smart
but She's looking at my boy who got two kids at home and
I know how it goes, here's his number telephone him
He does the girl's dirt, and I know you smell it on him
But every bitch needs a dog, so I guess that's why you want him
In the rain...

I try to be subtle, but even flirtings got me shook
I would never get a smile, all I got was dirty looks
And my self-esteem is low enough, I got teased growing up
And what'd I do, I beat 'em up, but that only made me tough
It didn't get me girls, or notes in class
Same girls who used to tell, when I would pinch their ass
But if another boy did it, then they would get with it
So I pretended the handball was their face when I hit it
And I admit it's part the reason why I do em like I do
And women in my life, there has only been two
My mother being one, and the other one is done
So my philosophy on dating is; ain't no fun
Cause they come and they go, and even if they don't cum
They still have to go, girl I give the best head
But you just wouldn't know, cause you stuck up in some diddy
But even if you dissed me, shiiit, I ain't mad...

- "The Pain"

Anonymous said...

(I was here. I wrote comment but deleted it. It didn't do any justice to the real reaction I just had to this post. Nuff. So much.)