Sunday, December 09, 2007

"Permanent Monday" - Jordin Sparks

Falling leaves like a blanket at my feet
There's a canopy of stars
And I just miss you like crazy
Suddenly the world's too big
And the hours move too slow
And I just wish that you were holding me near

Seven days, it feels like a year
You whisper through the line
You know I miss you like crazy
So baby can you steal a plane
A boat, the fastest train
You know it just don't feel the same when you're gone

I won't sleep until you're finally next to me
Can't wait to breathe you in
Don't wanna waste my time dreaming
I just wanna treat your name like
A whisper on my skin
And never have to say goodbye again

'Cause when I feel you right here close to me
Everything is where it's supposed to be

'Cause everytime you go away
The sunshine starts to fade
Frozen by the hands of time into a permanent Monday
Take me back into your arms
And don't ever let me go
'Cause when I see you walk through that door
I'm not lost anymore
I'm home
I'm home

...

Jordin Sparks is my current guilty pop-music pleasure. I liked her song "Tattoo" and then in listening to the rest of her album, found I enjoyed it very much. Her songs are singing my language right about now. Permanent Monday, Tattoo, No Air, and See My Side are my top choices, but the whole album is on repeat on my iTunes.

I feel like I'm at home. Like I've walked the world searching, and have finally found my home. For as long as I can remember, Boo has always coined that term correctly; Home is not necessarily your place of residence, but where you feel you belong. It could be a room, a space, within a certain presense, or by someone's side. The sense of being at home could overtake you at any moment, at any place. In a room surrounded by friends. In a house other than your own. During a holiday celebration with acquaintances. In a silent car with a near perfect stranger.

In a conversation over the weekend, it was mentioned that it is said that "home is where the heart is," and the talk was about how this pretty much held true. For me, I tend to get homesick fairly easily because of what I have to leave behind as I travel. But I think I'm coming to the realization that, if allowed to, I could make any place in the world my home--as long as I am allowed to bring my heart with me.

I'm not going without you.

No comments: