Friday, December 28, 2007

Squiggly-isms

    "If it wasn't meant for you, it was meant for someone else."

    "You may know it in here," *points to head* "but do you know it in here?" *points to heart*

    "Set the bar low so that you don't trip over it, even if you don't jump."

Believe it or not, sometimes it's words like these that get me through the roughest hours of my day. Even if it's not because of the wisdom they have to impart, it's because they make me smile and that's twice as good.

This morning I woke up and spent the extra time to make sure that my wake-up song was the perfect one; "Lay Lady Lay" by Magnet featuring Gemma Hayes. I brushed my teeth in bed so that I wouldn't have to miss any of it. It was a good way to start the day.

However, not long after getting in to the office and hanging around for a bit, I suddenly found myself a little confused. I received information that I didn't know how to feel about; I couldn't say whether I was happy or sad, but I knew I was feeling something. Sometimes some news hits you like that; your outer emotions come nowhere near matching your inside ones, and yet you have to keep the front up for fear of crumbling or being found out. In a daze for a bit, it was sheer luck that Squiggly called (or, Liv Tyler, as the Bod announced him) and managed to snap me out of it and bring me crashing back down to reality and solid ground.

That and I was laughing at him so hard, I forgot to be confused anymore. Oh, and my Seducer at the office brought me a $5 cup of love--those work wonders for my mornings. :)

p.s. I like getting songs for me.

No comments: