Friday, April 16, 2004

I Thought It Was Going To Be Random...

"Sunny day
Sweepin' the clouds away
On my way to where the air is sweet..."
...the lyrics to my song of the day...can anyone identify what song it is? Day two of the boo-tiful weather. And they've forecasted the weekend to be in the teens! I can't wait. I think to prepare I'll start oiling the bearings of my rollerblades tonight.

With such boo-tiful weather outside, I was tempted to play hookey from all my responsibilities and go out for long, leisurely, and mostly aimless drive in the car to the limits of civilization and beyond. Where's Squiggly when I need him? Last summer--mostly on Sundays--we were overcome by this reckless mood more than once and jumped in the car to see what the roads would unwind for us. If Squiggly was around, I'd for sure have left my Kids to tutor themselves and gone on that drive...Sorry Kids.

However, since Squiggly wasn't around to go for a drive with me I managed to get myself to tutor my kids, and the drive there wasn't half bad. Not just because the sun was out and the music--Damita Jo--was up, but because I had some sweet company along the ride. Most of the way to tutoring I followed a black Cadillac CTS, much like the one that Squiggly picked me up in last year and let me take for a test drive. The CTS stopped at the next stop light and I admired its powerful luxury from behind for a bit until I noticed a shiny red Mitsubishi Eclipse pull up along next to the CTS. What were the odds that me in my mega-Previa mini-van would have the opportunity to gawk over two beautiful examples of modern engineering at work? The two cars were side by side and at the front of the line at the light. Neither of the drivers noticed me noticing them, but they certainly noticed each other. I'm sure you can figure out what happened next. There were no nodding of the heads, but there was an unspoken challenge in the coinicidence of their cars meeting side by side such as they were. The light changed, and they were off. I know that they weren't racing, but I also knew that neither was about to be outdone by the other. Their acceleration was slow, but steady, and though I'd been the next car right behind them, they were quickly leaving me behind until there came a curve in the road that by the time I'd rounded, they were gone. Boo-tiful. Simply boo-tiful.

I miss my sunroof. Despite the great weather and awesome company I had on my drive, I would have enjoyed it that much more had I had a sunroof in my car. Anyone who's ever owned a car with a sunroof will understand what I'm talking about. Ever since we got the new car, I've been without a sunroof and it sucks. This summer I'll miss out on the cruising with the roof open, the windows down, and the music up. I'll miss feeling the sun streaming down on my face from above and the wind whipping through my hair from all angles. I'll miss cracking the sunroof open on those long driving nights in order to gaze up at the stars. And I'll especially miss having the sunroof open so that my passengers can stretch their arms up and out to feel the breeze and to better throw the finger to other motorists for me whenever they cut me off. Sunroofs rock.

Know what else rocks? Janet Jackson's new CD--Damita Jo. I only just got my hands on it two nights ago, but I've been listening to it non-stop since then. Admittedly, it has somewhat of the same beat and feel of her other albums, but that's absolutely fine by me since I think she's got it right. The only track I can't listen to very easily though, is track 16--"Warmth". Not that I don't like feeling warm, but that I think I feel a little too warm when I listen to it. Find it, give a trial, and let me know what YOU think. ;)

Know what sucks? Xanga. I think the Xanga server has it in for me since I haven't been able to access it any Xanga pages all day. I caught a brief glimpse of Pablo's page a while ago, but then it disappeared and told me that there was a "Gateway Timeout" and that the server was "unreachable." Any ideas on how to fix it? It also told me to "Contact the administrator", but I can't well do that if I can't get to the main page, can I? Anyway, so I haven't had my fill of Kristine nor Pablo lately, and I'm starting to feel withdrawl. I mean, what if Pablo's BEEFING me and I can't even know about it?! Ah well, I shall take his silence, whether voluntary or not, as a sign of my victory and be thankful that I'm with Blogger. :D

Someone not with Blogger but whom I do not beef with though, is Fishy. I think she is my literature soul mate. She stays up late like me, enjoys the same reads as me (like this story that was originally passed on to me by Shaky), blogs as randomly and often as I do, and GETS the literary references I may make once in a while. Last night we made a deal to pass books on to each other from our own private collections. Now I'm excited; I just KNOW some good stuff is headed this way. Talk to you soon, Fishy! :)

No comments: