Monday, April 05, 2004

Call Me Gimpy
(If anyone actually knows who the "Gimpy" is that I'm referring to, I salute you!)

I am never going to leave my room again. Just buy me a bed pan and a mini-fridge and I'm set! Just this past weekend, I temporarily acquired Bar's old computer with the intent of just putting it in my room for use as a typewriter for my essays. (I guess, according to the conversation that TK and I had in my earlier post, I also acquired it for a foot-massager, home-tanner, and sonic body masseur!) Up until yesterday, it was all good. But then, last night, Brodder ruined it all: he connected the computer to the internet.

Since last night, I have left my room for only the reasons that the purchases mentioned above will solve (although I did sneak out to Tim's with Tuna for some communal study time) Other than that, I have been MSNing, emailing, and playing online from my room all day! And now, I am blogging from not just my room, but from my BED!!! This has got to be one of the coolest things I have ever done! Many thanks to Bar (you bestest) and Brodder ("One, Two, Three...PULL!!!")...this is all your guys' fault.

On the plus side though, at least now I won't have to walk all the way downstairs everytime I'm inspired to add a paragraph or even just a few lines to my essay (as though that happens very often anyway). I think I'm thankful for the fact that this computer's only on loan though, cuz otherwise I don't think I'd ever really get out of bed on my days off...and it's already hard enough to get up on my days ON as it is. BUT, now that I've been so pampered as to be connected from my room, I think that I have been motivated to actually find a job this summer and earn enough not just for school, but for a laptop as well. I suppose we'll all see how that goes. If I don't have a job or a computer by the end of the summer, you are all free to boo me at will.
...

Speaking of emailing from my room, I got the COOLEST thing from Hydrophobic Fish (I think I've changed my mind again--she will now be called "Fish" for shorter..."Fishy" for cuter). Admittedly I skipped the link the first time through, but since I had no reason to be leaving the vincinity of my bed,--and hence, the computer--today, I took a look, and I think you all should too--all .5 of you. I don't know where she finds all this cool stuff, but she does, and I'm glad she's such a sharer. :D Click here to see what I'm talking about. It's a beautiful art video, and it's definitely worth the time.

And while I'm mentioning links that are worth your time, allow me to draw your attention to this one as well. Hun-Gee introduced me to this site the same night that he introduced me to the StarWars Kid, the original dunk-off that Vince Carter won, and Jin's first and famous Freestyle Friday win. Visit this site and watch the videos of the breakdancer dude, David Elsewhere--he should be in the top-left corner of your screen; both those videos are of him. omg. The first time I saw him break (the lower video, when he's in orange), I tripped out. The guy moved in slow motion. SLOW MOTION!!! omg. Trippy, I tell you, but go ahead, see it for yourself.

And finally, while I'm still keeping you from doing anything important and substantial, I pose to you the riddle that Pablo posted on his page last week:
    My head is always 10lbs heavier from the moment that I wake up, to the moment I step out of my house. What am I?
He hasn't yet posted the answer, and I already made my guess on his page, but I offer to give the person who earns me a cookie a piece of banana bread for the info. Deal? (No, Pablo, you can't just TRADE me a cookie for banana bread.)

No comments: