Wednesday, April 07, 2004

At Least It's Essay Related...

Okay, it's just after one o'clock in the morning. My essay is due at two o'clock tomorrow afternoon. I've been doing some math: on average, I can type, let's say, 60 words a minute (if I know what I'm going to type, but that's besides the point). So that means that I can type 600 words every 10 minutes, and 3600 words every hour. Now, let's say each page of text has about 300 words on it. 20 pages means that I need 6000 words. So, according to the numbers, it should only take me...

*calculating numbers in my head* *carrying the one* *searching for the calculator*

...one hour and forty minutes to finish this baby in its entirety. But, failing that, then I can do some more calculations:
let's say I type 10 words a minute, every minute for 10 hours. I will achieve the same number of words as if I went crazy mad for one hour and forty minutes, and still be able to catch 2 hours of sleep before heading out to hand in the essay. Both ways of calculated attack sound great, but knowing me, my essay's going to be born out of a mutated combination of both methods--it will be done and handed in before the end of class tomorrow, but it will probably neither be proof-read, nor titled very accurately. Ah well...back to the essay...
...

Update - 2:24am

faaaaaaack.
I've just spent an hour reading up on blogs--my own as well as others'. According to my calculations I could have either been more than halfway through my essay, or I could have written 600 words/2 pages by now!!! Well, at least Pablo's read was worth it...whew!!!
...

Update - 5:08am

Guess how many pages I've written? ...okay, not that many. ...Oh come on, give me a little more credit than that...I'm not at TOTAL slacker. Anyway, as I am no longer on page 2.5 and my ass and legs are completely and painfully numb, I'm going to go for a walk, some water, and maybe some instant noodles. We'll see how I feel when I get to the kitchen. What I could really go for though, is some SUSHI...
...

Update - 5:11am

(I'm waiting for my water to boil.) I was just thinking how sad it is that spammers steal all the good email addresses for themselves--correct me if I'm wrong. I was just blocking some spam via my awesomely cool, anti-spam program, MailWasher Pro, and I noticed addresses such as "greeneyes@whatever.com", or "noteworthyfragrance@somethingelse.com", or "4thePattersons@theotherdomain.com". I mean, what happens if you HAVE greeneyes, or if you CREATED a noteworthy fragrance, or worse yet, if you ARE the Pattersons? Then what? Stupid selfish spammers, hogging all the good things for themselves.

No comments: