Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Wow it was windy today. Waking up this morning, I opened my blinds and looked out to see it was raining leaves. Well, at least it looked like it was raining leaves--there were so many being blown off the trees and tossed so high into the air that it looked like it was raining leaves. I wanted to take a picture, but alas, I've been so spoiled lately with the use of other people's digital cameras that I couldn't bring myself to load a roll of film into the old family camera to capture the moment. It was a beautifully natural moment though--I regret my camera-stinginess now.

Walking to class I was forced to tie my hair back, not only so I could see, but so I could keep my hair from whipping out my eyes or those of the people unfortunate enough to be standing too close to me; I think I've developed a slightly higher awareness for the safety people's eyes after the stories of this weekend. Anyway, and then walking back to my car later this afternoon, I swear that I was nearly swept off my feet by the sudden gusts of wind that were threatening to pull the newly planted seedlings surrounding the parking lot out from under their wood chips! I will admit though, that I thought it was kinda cool that it was so windy--I took a moment to try to stand and lean into the wind to see if it would hold me up...it didn't.

Finally, it was so windy that I nearly lost my car door twice because I simply wasn't used to having to hold onto the door for fear of it gusting off with the wind. The drive to pick up my brother across the highway kept me on my toes too. I had to aim the wheel slightly to the right the whole way--not because my alignment was off, but because the wind was just THAT formidable. Brother didn't seem nearly as impressed--he had trouble getting his car door open. I was still impressed though. Wow it was windy today.

No comments: