Monday, October 27, 2003

I totally forgot about the daylight savings time change last night. I actually woke up this morning thinking I was an hour late for everything. Thank goodness it was brought to my attention that I had indeed been a dumbass and had forgotten about changing my clocks (actually, I still haven't changed them yet--my room is in its own futuristic time-warp).

Despite my set-back (or rather lack thereof), I managed to get up, shower, pack my work stuff, punch two new holes in my ears, buy a new pair of pants, a new shirt, 2 coffees and a bagel, all before the time I had to be at work. By 12:30pm (adjusted time), I'd already had an eventful day; those feel really good, don't they? I worked my 5 and a 1/2 hour shift, after which I went home to wait for hun-Gee and watch my family leave for their steak dinners at Tulips--one of the BEST steakhouses in TO. I wanted to go too, but unfortunately there wasn't enough time.

Dinner was yummy pho at the place I'd never been to before and where we subsequently fought over the bill vehemently for once (usually the fights are lackadaisical in manner). From there we flew to Pedro's and then home so I could pack some more supplies before hun-Gee headed to Loo and I headed to boobie's to study. When I got there just after 9pm, it was Squiggly, me, and boo and we all kind of piled into her basement to spend some QT before Squiggly had to head back to St. Kit's for his ungodly early morning shift.

We had just planned to catch up a bit over some warm drinks and mellow music to kind of round out the weekend we'd barely seen each other, but 7 hours, 4 CDs, 3 music videos, 5 coffees, 2 chocolate bars, 2 bags of chips, 5 original songs, a bag of juicy berries, and 2 parking tickets later, we found ourselves barely awake, yet still also barely able to part from the comfort of each other's affection. You know that warm feeling you get when you know you're loved? Well, we were hot tonight.

I really do wish we could just move in together. There's just something about knowing that you're able to come home to love that is just so encouraging. I'd feel like I could survive anything, as long as I'd be allowed to come home after it. You know that whole saying about love being able to move mountains? Yeah, that's the kind of love we had tonight. We may not have had the love we were wanting from the loves that we were aching for, but knowing that we had each other somehow made it okay. And cuddled in each other's arms (or legs or necks, as the case progressed throughout the night) gave each of us the comfort we needed and for tonight, we needed no one else. I could just be speaking for myself, but I'd like to think that I'm speaking on behalf of the three of us. Who doesn't get that feeling when they're around the ones they love, and when the ones they love are loving them right back? If you aren't loving someone right now, you're missing out.
...

I love you.
Cuddled in your arms I know I'm safe.
I wouldn't accept anything in this world to be anywhere else tonight, except in your arms.
Love me.
I find no greater comfort than the warmth of your body next to mine.
It warms me through and through and I wouldn't trade that for the world either.
Your heartbeat. Your soft breathing. Your presence.
If I have you, I need nothing else.
I love you.

No comments: