Tuesday, October 14, 2003

The Weekend Recap: The Most Memorable Moments...

Summary-in-one-sentence: if I wrote down ALL of the memorable moments, I'd still be sitting here writing by next weekend.

Whoo-hoo! Friday finally arrived! I ended up at the NIKE Store again on Friday and this time with Tuna to kill time (that's what YOU called it, remember?) before Hun-Gee got back that night. It was to return some Ungrateful's shoes that I'd been so kind to have purchased the last time I was there. In the end though, neither of us bought new stuff--I was too poor (though it took every last ounce of will-power I had to not buy anything) and Tuna was just unimpressed. After that, Tuna helped me kill more time (damn you traffic!) by eating chicken nuggets at McDonald's and talking over missed chances (hehehe). I dropped him off soon after that and then hurried home to meet my Hun-Gee. This was the first day in 2 weeks that Hun-Gee came home from Loo. Man, who knows where the rest of that night went? I'm sure those were some memorable moments. ;)

Saturday I had a v-ball tourney with O and her posse of guys. Man was that fun!!! It took me a while to find my team though. Since O was running a bit late that morning, I was aimlessly wandering the courts, trying to find a team with "one tall guy, and a couple of shorter guys" as per O's instructions. Thank goodness that ref came up to me:
    Ref - "Are you a lost girl?"
    Me - *nods bewilderedly*
    Ref - "Guys, I think I found your teammate,"
And so I was united with my team (Dennis, Aaron, Earl, and Glenn) and then O joined us shortly after. We placed 2nd in our division (yay Char Char!) although I wasn't there to witness it--damn you part-time job!

So apparently I went to work after our second-last game (:p) and then came home with Hun-Gee afterward to clean the room and prepare for my big move the next day. What move? The move that would get my new (week-old) IKEA furniture into my room. :D Yes, it'd taken me a week, but finally I was going to have my new stuff IN my room. Oh the excitement!

After work the next morning, I rushed home again (with Hun-Gee in tow of course) to help mom in the kitchen (though I'm never much help) and to supervise the furniture move. 5 men and 40 minutes later, I had a new room. *angelic chorus* Hun-Gee, Squiggly L, Boobin, and Ill-Kent, along with dad's wisdom make a mean moving team (thanks guys). Dinner was served soon after the move and the more of the boobies had shown up by then. Since we hadn't had so many of us in the same room for so long, dinner was spent catching up and sharing stories. Although there were some really good ones including KS's dancing affair on Boobin, Squiggly L's CTS ride, and my own encounter with KS and EBTek's back-twins, the one that stole the cake was Turtleboy's fish story:
"I noticed he (the fish with the big bulging eyes) had some fungus so I decided to clean the tank. I was using the gravel cleaner (the big pipe-like thing that sucks out water through the gravel), doing my thing when I looked away for a second to see if the bucket I was siphoning into was going to overflow or not. A second later I heard this sucking sound and turned back to see my fish stuck in the pipe--his eyeballs floating down the hose and into the bucket..."

Yes, Turtleboy sucked out his fish's eyeballs. The fish store he called told him that it was a normal occurance, but he'd have to operate and make sure that there was nothing left of the eyeballs...otherwise the fish might get an infection (as though that would be the worst of his problems--HE'S BLIND!!!). Doughboy decided to name his fish Daredevil after that because he can still sense his food and Doughboy's taps on the glass even with the 2 gaping holes in his head. Eww. I must say it wasn't the most appropriate dinner conversation, but it did become the topic of discussion for the night.

Continuing on with the night, dessert was accompanied by the guitar talents of EBTek, with the vocals of KS and whoever else chimed in, along with the dancing techniques of KS and Boobin. He played all the classic guitar songs and we changed all of the lyrics...

    "Would you know my name...(Doughboy)?
    If I saw you in heaven...(which I can't)?
    Tears from heaven...(which aren't mine cuz I have no eyeballs)..."

    "I got the blues...the no-eye blues...I got the blues...the no-eye blues...
    Got my eyes sucked out...sucked out by a pipe...sucked out by a pipe...it wasn't very nice..."


And so on until we couldn't laugh anymore. Man we laughed a lot. But the night ended and Hun-Gee, mom, and I walked everyone to the door for hugs and kisses (some of which caught others quite off guard) and well wishes until Christmas...because that's probably the next time so many of us will be together like that again...

That night I slept in my newly removed room (as in I had to move it around more than once) that Hun-Gee was so sweet as to help me clean up and re-organize for the fifth time that weekend. He even came back the next day to build my bookshelf for me, and re-wire my stereo-system. I don't know what I'd do without my Hun-Gee...probably not build my bookshelf and re-wire my stereo to self-destruct. Alas, we'd also planned to study, but then I had to jet off to yet another fam-jam and some more turkey eating...Hun-Gee had to go home (cuz he was having duck for dinner...so chinese...) and so my weekend ended on that parting note.

I could be sad, but I'm going to count myself lucky that all I had to say goodbye to this weekend was Hun-Gee and not my eyes. I certainly know what I'M thankful for this year...

No comments: