Thursday, October 09, 2003

I'm awful with surprises. It's not that I go and ruin them for people, it's just that whenever I have a surprise for someone from just myself, I have the WORST time of trying to keep it to myself (this surprise-keeping-problem should not be confused with secret-keeping...I'm good at keeping those). It's bad even down to the most minute instances. Allow me to elaborate. Let's say I bought some new clothes for a special occasion. Let's say this special occasion is but 2 days away, but I wanted to keep what I bought a surprise for those whomever I'd be with that day. I'd have the HARDEST time trying not to mention anything about my new clothes to ANYONE I came in contact with for these next two days--whether or not those people I come in contact with are the ones I'm trying to surprise or not. I'd try to find as many ways as I could to try to hint to whomever I was trying to surprise, that I indeed had a surprise for them. And then if they started to catch on to the fact that I had something I wanted to surprise them with, I'd grin and blush furiously as I'd try to deny it...and these are just articles of CLOTHING I'm talking about here, not the fact that I've won the lottery or something. I mean, who would REALLY care about knowing what I'd be wearing in two days? Sure I'd think it'd be a nice surprise if I was to show up in something new and personally jaw-dropping, but still. Clothes are clothes, right? Wait, I think I'm WAY off topic here...or am I? Anyway, I suck at keeping surprises to myself.

No comments: