Sunday, October 19, 2003

I'm sitting here staring at this blank page and finding it hard to fill it. Not because there's nothing to say, but there's too much to say. That and the looming presence of things that I have to take care of are getting to me. I'd rather sit here and say nothing, than to get up and face the music. What's that called? I know there's a psychological term for it. I guess you could also call it procrastination, but that's not entirely the case this time. That'll come later. :p

Today's yet another driving day. I just didn't want to come home after volleyball. Didn't want to come home and be reminded of those things. I wanted to be out and about...anywhere but here. It sucks that there's a mileage limit on our car, otherwise I might not've been home for a few hours. There's just something about driving around aimlessly, blasting mellow Portishead songs, and watching the scenery whiz by that just takes the stress out of life. Will someone PLEASE just buy me a car? Better yet, just fill the tank and let me take YOUR car out whenever another driving day comes up. Where's Squiggly L when I need him? I have a need for Speed.

Last night I couldn't sleep. Had to be up and ready to leave the house by 7:30am to pick up the other girls and get to the courts on time, yet I couldn't get my damn eyes to stay closed. wtf. Tossing and turning, I only managed to achieve a restless doze after an attempted phone conversation went awry. I don't know what I'd wanted to talk about, but after it was over, I was still wide awake--where are you boo when I need you? You're irreplaceable... Doesn't anyone ever just call anyone else to talk aimlessly in the middle of the night anymore? Those were the days...better yet, those were the days when people went out for spontaneous coffee and chat sessions on sleepless nights. THOSE are what I miss...

Chances are, I'm not going to be sleeping much this next week either, so if any of you boos are up, feel free... :)
...

p.s. Ow, boo--I was burned.

No comments: