Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Song of the Moment: "Come Away With Me" - Norah Jones

Come away with me in the night
Come away with me
And I will write you a song

Come away with me on a bus
Come away where they can't tempt us
With their lies

I want to walk with you
On a cloudy day
In fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high
So won't you try to come

Come away with me and we'll kiss
On a mountaintop
Come away with me
And I'll never stop loving you

And I want to wake up with the rain
Falling on a tin roof
While I'm safe there in your arms
So all I ask is for you
To come away with me in the night
Come away with me

...

Have you ever gotten lost before? As in, let's-turn-down-this-road-and-see-where-it-goes-but-all-of-a-sudden-there-are-no-more-street-lights-and-you-have-to-use-your-high-beams-in-order-to-see-the-dips-and-curves-in-the-roads-and-you-pass-by-"concessions"-and-"hamlets"-and-the-houses-have-fire-numbers-instead-of-actual-street-numbers-and-there-are-unpaved-shoulders-or-ditches-on-either-side-of-the-road-so-you-can't-pull-a-u-turn-very-easily-especially-cuz-the-speed-limit-is-like-80kph-but-the-cars-behind-you-are-going-along-at-twice-that-speed-but-it's-then-that-you-notice-how-bright-the-stars-are-cuz-you're-so-damn-far-from-civilization-so-you-have-to-pull-over-despite-it-being-so-damn-cold-and-star-gaze-for-a-bit-until-it-gets-too-cold-and-you-start-to-drive-along-those-almost-dirt-roads-again-turning-randomly-until-you-find-some-street-lights-and-a-road-name-that-sounds-familiar-so-you-drive-that-way-for-what-seems-a-short-time-compared-to-the-time-it-took-you-to-get-lost-in-the-first-place-and-then-finally-you-get-back-to-civilization-and-you-feel-like-it's-been-forever-since-you've-seen-a-Tim-Horton's kind of lost. I was that kind of lost for a while tonight. It was an adventure. An adventure that was scary at some points, speechless at others, but overall, it wasn't weird. Thanks for the adventure, Jean.

No comments: