Friday, October 31, 2003

Alright, either I'm a hardcore volleyball player, or I just purchased myself one crap-ass pair of kneepads. I'd very much like to believe it is the former case, however, if I really was such a good volleyball player, I wouldn't have to use my kneepads so much! :p

I went shopping with Senorita today, and amidst the plethora of unnecessary accessories we bought, I treated myself to a new pair of kneepads. I figured it was about time since my last pair were coming up on their...8th anniversary, and since after each game there seemed to be more foam on the court than actually protecting my knees (and we all know how importantly precious my knees are to me, right?). Anyway, less than 5 hours after leaving the store with them, I managed to burn a hole through my right one. Yes, burn. I figure I slid a good enough distance, therefore generating enough heat to melt through the fabric and elastics, and therefore burning the hole. *sigh* So I'm thinking of going back to the store and challenging them to stand behind their product and offer me a free replacement pair. I don't know how far I'll get with that, but I suppose it's worth a try. Free kneepads and a new ball...how sweet would that be?

Speaking of volleyball, I believe that Tuesday's victory was all due to the unnecessary noise G and I generated both on and off the court. A little noise goes a long way...so you can imagine what a lot of unnecessary noise did...it weirded the crap out of the other team. At first it started off with just a little extra cheering for things that you wouldn't normally encourage--a bad hit, a fluky serve, a fumbled pass--but then it escalated to abrupt cries and grunts to each other in between random plays; finally it came down to random eruptions of sounds, ranging from "AHHHHHs" to "UGHs" and other assorted croons, accompanied by over-dramatic facial expressions. It was hard not to have a good time doing it, and it seemed to affect the whole team, in a good way, of course. Afterwards, G and I victoriously (and unnecessarily) grunted and bellowed our way to the car, bursting into laughter between exchanges. Good times, good times.

No comments: