Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It should have had a button

Coming up on our 17th hour en route to our first official destination of Athens, Greece, I've hit a roadblock with time-passers. I have no urge to sleep, watch, listen, read, knit (well, they wouldn't let me on this flight, but I wouldn't have felt like it if I could have), so I've turned to writing. We're currently soaring high up in European skies aboard our bright orange easyJet plane. And easy it is.


Upon boarding the plane (from the tarmac), we found we didn't have seat numbers and were free to choose any two seats together. With frequent flight times there was no over-booking so SilentR and I got our own row. The plane itself is spacious with high ceilings/overhead clearances and wide aisles.

Simply delightful? Sure, but of course the simplicity of the plane didn't stop there. All food and beverage service was a la carte. There were no TV screens or audio systems. And the kicker? No reclining of the seats.

Overall though, I'm not complaining. I think the fact that it was so clean bowled me over enough to forget the rest.

Yes, 17.5 hours now, still en route, but yes, I would have to say that this leg of the trip was easy.

No comments: