Sunday, November 15, 2009

As the Romans did

Not too surprisingly, I didn't write anything about Rome while I was there. Or while still in Europe. While I filled nearly an entire notebook of my experiences, Rome's pages were left blank for the simple reason that words just couldn't describe what we saw in Rome. It's history that's ancient. Ancient history! To be able to grasp the concept of how ancient it was, SlientR and I had to physically touch it to believe it.


Day one was spent in Vatican City in the St. Peter's Square, the Vatican Museum (on a tour we probably shouldn't have bothered with in the end--though on it I didn't think twice), and then in St. Peter's Basilica. My mouth was so parched half the time because it was agape in awe at the amazing art and architecture of everything I saw.

(Okay, I give up. I've been trying to write this blog since 9:30 this morning, and it's now 1pm. I'm going out. Here are some pictures. Deal with it. :) )


I wish it'd been sunnier...

Um, I've just learned how to spot-colour...or maybe should say I'm learning to spot-colour.

That's a woven copy. That's right...woven.

"Hmmm...I've run out of walls to paint...I'm going to work on the ceiling now..."

That's flat ceiling. It's painted to look like it was sculpted. Seriously.

No comments: