Monday, November 09, 2009

Bad Luck Fortune already?

Hah, so a few years ago, I wrote about my string of bad luck while travelling in Japan. Well, departing for a whirlwind trip to Europe, I got stopped at the x-ray/metal detector. I'd warned them about Nikki (my camera), but perhaps they'd forgotten.

    "Is it the camera?" I asked the security guard.
    "Nope. What else is in your back, ma'am?"
    "Is it the lenses?"
    "No, ma'am. What's under the lenses?"
    "Um, my jeans?" I wracked my brain for other, possibly threatening, items.
    "Under that?"
    At this point, he was opening up my bag and pulling out the already mentioned items.
    "Um, extra underwear? Please just don't wave them around if you have to pull those out..."
    "No, I won't. But anything else in here?"
    "The bottom of the bag?" Because by then, he'd really pawed through everything and nothing had satisfied his interest--not even my knitting needles.
    "No, it looks like...it looks like it was just your book here. Have a great trip, ma'am."
    "Oh, thanks."

Seriously, my book? My paperback book? My paperback book about knitting?!

They didn't even bat an eye at SilentR's herbs...
...but they stopped me for my book? Strange.

I suppose getting stopped for nothing is better than getting stopped for something. Or burning a temple down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha no they did not!

nice pics!

-silent r