Wednesday, November 19, 2003

I really should be doing my homework right now, but then, what else is new? My voice is slowly coming back. Rather than a raspy whisper, I'm up to a quacking-duck sort of sound level. Really, I sound like a duck. Every once in a while, my loudish whisper will crack and explode into a quack. It's actually quite amusing. Tonight at volleyball I was talking as much as I possibly could, just so I could hear it happen and have a good laugh at myself.

I love the way people I know stare at me while I'm talking. They just can't get enough of the fact of how awful I sound. At the end of our games while shaking hands with the other team, I was tempted to quote obscenities simply because I didn't think they'd hear me. G and I had a laugh about this idea, and then I tested it out with Rye:
    Me - (Slapping a high five) "Kiss my ass, Dickhead,"
    Rye - "Let's do this!!!"
Hehehe, he had no idea...it was great.

Of course after the game, the rest of the team stood around and thought up stupid things for me to say in my quacking-transvestite voice:
    "Hi, my name Rye and I like sauce on my balls,"
    "Hi, my name is Chan and I like pepper on my sausage,"
    "Hi, my name is Gertrude, and I like Rye's saucy balls."
I swear, it's too much sometimes. I'm really going to miss missing my voice when it comes back. Who knew it could be such an amusement?

1 comment:

IANW said...

Where's my special scarf? I need to dry the special tears that only a good 'laugh out loud' moment can induce.