Sunday, November 20, 2011

Band List

That title should actually read "Banned List," but I have to explain first.

A while ago, Malcolm was super sweet and started a travel blog for us to share our epic trip adventure with the world.  True to form, I started blogging even before we left.  But as we crawled through KL and I posted from there, one morning I woke to find that I couldn't access the site anymore.  I thought it was just a temporary glitch that would work itself out by the evening or the next day.

Not so.

Since last week, I haven't been able to access our blog nor the host site and have left my readers hanging in suspense!  (Okay, no one in suspense except for me.)   To my dismay, Malcolm was also unable to access the site from his laptop too.  No pictures, no posts, no travel advice to or from our fellow bloggers.  I then convinced myself it must have been a problem with the connection at the KL home and that as soon as I was able to steal some wifi from somewhere else, we'd be back in business.

Not so.

We've since arrived in Penang to Malcolm's Penang home and still no such luck.  And it's still the two of us both that can't access it.  He can't even access it from his iPhone.  :(  For the past hour or so, I've been faithfully Googling my way through to a possible explanation, if not a solution to this problem.  What I've found so far is telling me that my IP address has been banned by the site itself for accessing it too often and for too long at a time.  Since Malcolm and I were both accessing it through the same router, we were both banned--his phone probably as well.

It might not be the case, but it's the most plausible one I've come across so far.  One of the forum answers told me "your IP might be listed on the site's BAND LIST which will prevent you from accessing it."  If I was on the "Band List," wouldn't I have backstage access?  :p  The resolution?  Something too far out of reach of my own IT skills.  :(

However, Malcolm is still optimistic that we will be able to log on once we reach a Starbucks or other free wifi hotspot.  I will keep my fingers crossed.  If not, if you're reading this, this will be what you get - sorry about the other blog; if you didn't know about the other blog...well, you're the one with backstage access now.
...

Dear Travellerspoint:

Please unblock me from accessing my own blog...I really want to share!

melody

2 comments:

Sam Daams said...

Hey Melody, my name is Sam and I am one of the owners of Travellerspoint. Are you able to see any of the pages on the site, or nothing at all? If you are able to see the site, but are just having problems logging in, please let me know your username (comment here or use the contact form at www.travellerspoint.com/contact.cfm ) and I'll look into it! If you can't see the site at all, then that's certainly not good but indicates something wrong with either the computer or the connection or something further down the line... would like to hear more about that too if the case!

I'm sure we can sort this out :)

melody said...

Hi Sam,

Actually, as luck would have it, the morning after I whined my heart out I woke up to Malcolm excitedly exclaiming that we were back on! And we are. I can't tell you how or what changed from the past week and two cities until now, but we're back in business! Thanks for checking up on us - you guys at travellerspoint.com are really awesome!

melody