Friday, May 23, 2008

Quote of the Moment:

    "Failure's hard, but success is far more dangerous. If you're successful at the wrong thing, the mix of praise and money and opportunity can lock you in forever."
    --Po Bronson

Absolutely. It's called "getting comfortable." It's the bane of many young workers who get comfortable in their first jobs because they get good at it, the pay's alright, and really, who wants to look for a new job when you don't need one? While it took me 6 years to leave my first job, I also had at least 2 or 3 other jobs while working there. Now, despite fear of failure, I've ventured into this job at which I'm still working myself in to. I'm learing as much as I can about anything I can. While people strive to get into their work and get comfortable in their positions, I dread the day that that content falls over me; I fear the day is coming too soon.

If it were easy, everybody would be doing it.

No comments: