Thursday, May 15, 2008

Down the lane

Two pieces of what seems to be a past life of mine collided today and so I spent the rest of my evening reminiscently peering over my shoulder. Conversations melted into comments morphed through links meandered through photos mused through profiles. Did everyone grow up? Did I stay the same? Did I fail to notice? When mother smartly pointed out that I was being overly nostalgic, I agreed but didn't care. Regardless of how I'd been introduced to them, of how we were related, they were more than just people to me once; they were friends.

They were all the same familiar faces, just as warm, fun, and friendly as I remembered them. I was happy to see that though some relationships had come to an end, most had stayed together and a few had even become engaged after a period of coming around eight years. Eight years...where does the time go? And still, I love the idea that even after so long, even after such a long absence, even after such a loosely knit acquaintance, the pieces can still come together and click, just as they always did.

Happy Anniversary to you too, Shopaholic!

No comments: