Wednesday, May 07, 2008

In a situation



Last Wednesday, I received a beautiful bouquet of a dozen pink roses, the sender's name absent from the card. Since then, it has been the mystery of the office. For me, I've just been content. While it would be lovely to be able to share with all of the girls the identity of my sender, I'm happy with keeping him to myself and just having the fact that they made me smile that day. They made me smile, they made me blush, they set me daydreaming for the rest of the afternoon. They made me believe in romance again.

Just the night previous to receiving the flowers, I'd been a hair's breadth away from musingly posting the following song:

"Soulmate" - Natasha Bedingfield

Incompatible, it don't matter though
'cos someone's bound to hear my cry
Speak out if you do
You're not easy to find

Is it possible Mr. Loveable
Is already in my life?
Right in front of me
Or maybe you're in disguise

Who doesn't long for someone to hold
Who knows how to love you without being told
Somebody tell me why I'm on my own
If there's a soulmate for everyone

Here we are again, circles never end
How do I find the perfect fit
There's enough for everyone
But I'm still waiting in line

Most relationships seem so transitory
They're all good but not the permanent one

Who doesn't long for someone to hold
Who knows how to love you without being told
Somebody tell me why I'm on my own
If there's a soulmate for everyone

...

Who doesn't long for someone to hold? Maybe he's right in front of me. If you are, thank you for the flowers.

3 comments:

ehbaba said...

So you KNOW who sent them?

melody said...

That's what it sounds like, doesn't it? I just meant that unlike the office, I'm not killing myself over his (her?) identity, and have decided to just be thankful for the generous thought. :)

Anonymous said...

natasha beddingfield sucks.

- dimps.