Monday, May 26, 2008

In this house

Somehow, Brodder and I got onto the topic of how the strangest things happen in our home. I think it had something to do with the idea of stumbling onto scenes at random--like the night he walked into the living room to find Boo and I on our backs, stretching out our shoulder blades; or the afternoons you could walk into the kitchen to find mother doing the "flinging water" tai-chi stance, full-strength.

Anyhoo...

    "So, the other day, I'm doing stuff upstairs while mom and dad are cleaning out all the crap in the basement. I think they started because I threw a bag of reject stuff down there and they wanted to sort through it before getting rid of it. Anyway, I'm doing my thing, and I hear this *pop* sound. Just like that: *pop*...*pop*...*pop*... So I walk downstairs to check it out...and find dad standing there, wearing a yamaka, a harmonica in one hand, and a cap-gun in the other. *pop*...*pop*...*pop*"

Needless to say, I was on the floor laughing.

1 comment:

ehbaba said...

Your family is AWESOME.

You're like the Chinese Simmons family...without the fame...and fortune...and tv show...well...you're actually not that much like them except for that fact that you guys are just as if not MORE cool!!!!!