Friday, June 02, 2006

I wish I could dump being sick

I am so sick right now. I've been sick all day. Last night, I thought my runny nose and scratchy throat were from allergies. This morning I thought my aching body was from volleyball and lack of sleep. By this afternoon after falling asleep 2083479823589327 times on the couch and after not being able to swallow anything, I realized I was actually fairly ill. I even tried to blog about it earlier, but I passed out again before Blogger would load up.

However, after ingesting multiple home remedies and even more pharmaceutical ones, I'm as high as a kite and feeling MUCH better...even WITH a wad of kleenex shoved up my left nostril. That and I think it did me some good when Sherman carried me out for some fresh air.

To get me out of the house and moving around a bit, Sherman took me out to see The Break-Up. I liked it. I was even able to act all macho and blame all my tears and runny nose-blowings on my cold, rather than on my sappiness. Break-ups are not always clean and easy or even over some concrete reason. AND, chances are that they're going to stick, not dissolve with the couple getting back together at any first hints of change.

It was real. And the part I sobbed at the most (alright, I admit, I sobbed out of sappiness) was when Jennifer Aniston gave the speech that I've heard come out of my own mouth before; the "you're you and you're not going to change" speech. *sigh* Reality bites, but it's the truth.

Sorry, not much of a blog, but my head's FINALLY clearing a little and this is the closest I could come to doing something productive. :)

No comments: