Monday, March 28, 2005

Somebody's been eating MY yogurt!

I came down to the kitchen this morning with a specific craving for the granola in the cupboard sprinkled over the strawberry yogurt in the fridge. It was all fine and good until I opened the fridge door with the box of granola in my hand, only to find that someone had eaten ALL of the yogurt. Phooey. I hate it when that happens.

I'm basically content with living at home with the 'rents since I've got all that I need here and I can come and go as I please...pretty much the same as living away. The only down side to this all (in my head RIGHT now as it stands) is incidents such as these where I'm all gung-ho about what to eat for lunch, only to discover a moment later that my plans have been thwarted by some other cravingly hungry body living in the house. I mean, it's no big deal, but when you get excited over food like I do, it can be kind of disappointing.

If I had a fridge all to myself, it'd probably be stocked with all of the most basic things, mostly because it's the basics that are my favourite to eat. Sandwich stuff, salad stuff, smoothie stuff, pasta stuff. Oh, and baking stuff. But other than that, it's all I'd have in there.

Actually, specifically, I'm heading out now (well, after my shower) to go out to buy the following with which to stock my communal fridge:
- smoked salmon
- sour cream
- bananas
- strawberries
- blueberries
- yogurt
and whatever else may be on sale. However, knowing my luck, if I don't get to eating all of this immediately, it'll all be gone by the time I get back from class (yes, I DO have class today) later tonight. Ah well, I suppose it's the price I must pay for free room and board. Must go. Tummy rumbling. Will briefly mention my bitch of a distant cousin later...unless you're lucky enough that I forget.

No comments: