Thursday, March 03, 2005

One of Dem Days

Due to my extreme bout of insomnia last night I missed my first class yet AGAIN this morning. I swear this time I WANTED to be there--I'd read the pretty much the entire book already!

I learned last night (on another blog) that by simply hitting the Escape key I can delete pieces of my post in massive chunks if not the entire thing at once. Pissed me right off--I actually felt I was being coherent for the first time in a long time. Spent another hour trying to get it all back, but to no avail (ironic: Christina Aguilera's song "Impossible" is serenading me right now).

This morning after deciding to have lunch before heading out to my second class, I managed to cook enough pasta from an army, instead of the single serving I'd settled on. AND, it's not even that good--something went wrong along the way. Really, it IS one of those days when I manage to screw up the process of boiling water...

Knowing that my trek to school ahead is going to have to include my dragging my duffel bag along with me for practice later is really acting as a GREAT deterant from me making my SECOND class as well. Hell, maybe I should just skip practice too since I didn't have enough time to shave my legs today...don't want to freak out anyone on the court, you know.

Faaaaaaaaaaack.

My ingenious plan to rid myself of this shitty sleeping disorientation is to give in to the insomnia...and then give it some more. Not only do I plan not to sleep tonight, but tomorrow night as well so that by the time Saturday rolls around, I will have no choice but to fall flat on my face to sleep at the proper hours. Of course that will leave me dazed and confused from my semi-final game for U of T Tri-Campus on Saturday afternoon, but whatever, right?

The boys want to take Shmelly out on an overnight this Friday for his belated birthday weekend, but he wants me to tag along. As inseperable as I am from him, I LOATHE being the girlfriend in attendance at an all boy event. Girls who do that seem so...something-not-nice. It's a GUY thing this weekend. I am a GIRL. It just shouldn't be. As adamant as I've been about this fact, he's convinced me to agree to "see what the guys say" since he apparently REALLY wants me to go. He says that at worst, RoadTo and I will stand to the side keeping each other company by checking out chicks together. As hot as some chicks can be, I told him I was slightly opposed to this idea as RoadTo and I would just most likely end up fighting over the same girl. However, good to my promise, "we'll see". Now for the more pertinent "we'll see"--"we'll see" now if I actually get to class...

No comments: