Wednesday, March 24, 2004

What Would YOU Do?

"Not wanting to do any real work, I decided to browse a friend's online photo album. He'd recently posted a whole slew of photos from the past two weeks during the time which he claimed was when ALL of his friends celebrated their birthdays. As I clicked through the assorted snapshots of drunken party-goers, I was reminded of the time we'd briefly and very casually dated the previous year; it had been a year ago nearly to the day. He decided to call it quits early in the game because although both of us got along grandly, both of us knew there wasn't much of a future for us as a couple. It had been somewhat sudden, but was just as well because he met his current girlfriend soon after and I began to see other people as well.

"I giggled to myself as picture after picture of my friend came up, dazed and red-faced, being dragged along the city streets by his familiar friends. The final picture appeared soon after that which was of him and his girlfriend--they were out at a restaurant having a candlelit dinner. She was leaning against him and he had an arm lovingly draped around her as he kissed her forehead. The caption read: Me and my girlfriend on our first anniversary. It was really sweet. Then I read the date and suddenly the math clicked in my head and my jaw dropped...the bastard had cheated on me."
...

So what would YOU do if things added up like that? Me, personally? No hard feelings, especially not if he and his girlfriend are so in love. They were only casually dating anyway. As she says, it was just as well, and for the best. ;)

No comments: