Friday, March 19, 2004

So That's Where It Was...

I cleaned my room this weekend. And by "cleaned" I mean attacked everything in there with Swiffer cloths, the cleaning spray, and the vacuum. You can eat off of ANYTHING in there right now. I'll be honest, it hadn't been cleaned so thoroughly in a LONG time, and this was a MAJOR task I took on this weekend, especially seeing as it took me the full two days to get the job done. Anyway, after all was said and done, it was well worth the effort cuz I found a whole bunch of stuff that I'd forgotten about including:
    -    3 pairs of earrings I thought I'd lost
    -    4 cds that had gone missing months ago
    -    $20 american
    -    a wad of sticky notes from an unproductive study session with Boo
    -    a watch
    -    a necklace
    -    the funky lightshade mom and dad got me at Christmas
    -    my very first ring from a boyyyyy
Gotta love the stuff you find for the second time. It probably wouldn't have taken me so dang long to clean and rearrange everything if I wasn't so susceptible to such long fits of nostalgia and trips down memory lane. You know, when you pick up some thing that you haven't looked at in a while and then you spend at least five minutes looking at it and remembering about the last time you picked that thing up and looked at it for a while? And then you realize how long you've been spending looking at that one thing, so you put it down and it's not even thirty seconds until you pick up the next thing and think about that thing for the next little while...yeah, that's how it is when I clean my room and I have no intention of changing my methods.

As an update, my room has been clean for almost 5 whole days now--I think we're coming up on a new record. I know mom's proud, but I'm getting a little uneasy what with everything being where it should be and not in an easily accessible blob encompassing my desk and floor in one fell swoop. I think this could get interesting...I'll keep you posted. ;)

       


...

p.s. Señorita, just try to ignore the time stamp on this...I swear I'll get up in the morning!!!

No comments: