Wednesday, March 17, 2004

I Swear, It's Not What It Looks Like!

I just spent the last hour signing up at LiveJournal, just so I could post a comment to Janette's page. Whew! But don't worry (not that any of you ARE worrying), I believe I'm sticking with my blog here. I just can't think about having to go through setting up another page just to my likings. Goodness knows that when I tried to change all the aesthetic settings of my blogspot, it took me a whole week before it started to look even kind of what it looks like now. I'm a writer, not a programmer/designer!

One thing that bothered me while I was trying to register for LiveJournal had to do with their password setting. A password is supposed to be a secret thing, right? Something that should only be known and matter to me, right? Then why did they give me such a hard time while I was trying to set mine?
LJ Prompt: Please enter a password.
Me: xxxxxx
LJ: That password does not contain enough different characters. Please enter another password.
Me: xxxxxxxxx (here I just added "456" to the end of my original password)
LJ: That password contains a dictionary word. Please enter another password.
Me: xxxxx
LJ: That password is too short. Please enter another password.
Me: xxxxxxxxx
LJ: wtf is that? Are you sure you want to put that? Do you really think you're going to remember that? Well don't come emailing me when you forget what your hD3r53Kdn-password is.
Me: "@&#$!!"

Really, who the hell is on the other side of the screen anyway??? I swear they were just bored and screwing around with me.

No comments: