Monday, February 16, 2004

Spontaneous Combustion Part Deux

Yesterday I went with Squiggly to Yorkdale to meet with his Loo buddies, Pro-Shopper and Rudy. Pro-Shop and I chatted most of the time about the guys, while the guys chatted most of the time about snowboarding. Fun. No, really, it was. We really just scoured the mall for snowboarding equipment for the guys' up-coming excursion to the slopes--we girls were there to keep them company and in line with the expenses. After a while Pro-Shop and Rudy had to leave to get back to Loo, so Squig and I went and walked the mall once more before heading home.

Point? Pro-Shopper suggested that since I was on reading week I should go up and visit them at their pad in Loo. Then she suggested that I should go up tomorrow (today) because I could hitch a ride up with Squiggly--since he was going to play hookey from class anyway to TCB with the fam--and then I could hitch a ride back later that same night with her as she was heading to pick up her BC Beau from the airport anyway. Sounded like a plan. And so, after spontaneously combusting, here I am!

Yes, I am in Waterloo once again with less than 24 hours notice. Actually, it's even less than 12 hours notice. Last time was with Vin in December when we spontaneously combusted and ended up at Hun-Gee and Pablo's for a night. I love this stuff. Diving headlong into adventures that are guaranteed to be good times. Who wouldn't??? Sure, I'm not going to get any reading done out here despite my having brought my books. Sure, I'm not going to save any money by coming out here to party. Sure, I'm not going to get any part of my essays written despite the abundance of time I'm spending here blogging. Sure, I'm not getting ANY work done, but I'm having one helluva good time NOT doing it! On that note, I gotta go, I'm gonna go and have me some good times...

No comments: