Friday, February 06, 2004

*arh-tu*--Wasn't He That Robot From Star Wars?

Alright, so Pablo launched his first "attack" on me. Why is "attack" in quotation marks you ask? Because it wasn't an attack at all!!! The only remotely derogatory comments he threw my way were about posting lyrics to songs on my page (it's called cutting and pasting, fartknocker), and about my "stooping low" to date Hun-Gee. Hmmm, smart-ass, who the hell bums a ride to and from Loo all the frickin' time from my awfully chosen boyfriend without so much as throwing in 2¢ of gas money for each ride? And it's not even about the gas money--if I had a friend that so dutifully drove me back and forth such a distance every week, I certainly wouldn't punch the shit out of his leg and cripple him for 2 months for a laugh!!! But hey, that's just me...

I somewhat recall him making a mention about the fact that there are no pens used in website production in response to my use of the phrase "The Pen Is Mightier." I thought that he would understand the complexity behind the metaphor, especially when borrowed from the SNL skit, but apparently I over-estimated my opponent's intellectual capacity and the humour was obviously lost on him. C'est la vie...I suppose I'll have to tone down the sophistication of diction in my blogging in order for him to keep up.

And then, for the rest of his pathetic post, he tried to criticize ME for "defending" myself when in his "attack", that's ALL he DID--DEFEND HIMSELF!!! The best line that just epitomizes his defensive mode was:
    "I only did that to..."
If he wasn't trying to protect himself with that line, then I don't know what else to draw from that.

As for my bombardment of insults for this round, I'm actually just going to let Pablo's words speak for themselves. From his entry "It rhymes with...", Pablo himself acquaints us with what rhymes with his name, Peter: Dick eater.

That said, you have a nice day, Pablo, and thanks for your creative rhyming...you're making this too easy.

p.s. Haven't seen you in a while, we should do lunch. You coming out tonight?
...

And Now, From The Flashy Files...

Superbowl Sunday this year was the first full game I'd ever witnessed in my life--thanks for holding my hand through it, Hun-Gee. :) In previous years, I'd only ever really flipped the game on around half-time in hopes to catch the big show. I don't think in the past few years I've seen half-time shows that didn't include scantily clad performers lip-synching and prancing around the extravagant stage. This year, Janet Jackson, the headliner of the half-time show, wore the MOST clothing I'd seen ANY female pop-star wear in a LONG time. It only made sense that by the time she made her exit she'd take of SOME of her clothes. Whether her OR Justin took it off her really didn't make a difference to me--she was STILL wearing more clothing than the usual fare, even at her most exposed moment.

Personally, no one needed to make up the excuse that it was a "wardrobe malfunction." Personally, she didn't need to publicly apologize for her "flashy" exit. Personally, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary to the millions of viewers watching on CBS, the station that also airs shows like CSI (with the many naked corpses they examine), Survivor (didn't one of those guys like to wander around naked all the time?), and many headliner soap operas (c'mon, you can't get any smuttier than soap operas).

Really, how offended could you get from that 1/2 second sighting of the nipple-ring belonging to the ab-ilicious pop-star? Well, at least one woman was really taken aback by these events and felt that the rest of the public nation should be as well. Personally, this woman needs a swift kick to the face for actually filing the first lawsuit regarding the celebrity flash. (Hey Pablo, you've got a strong kick, right?) I really think these Americans are too touchy about these things. C'mon...if this whole thing never happened, how many of us would ever have gotten the chance to see a boob as famous as that? Really!!!

No comments: