Wednesday, March 07, 2012

I'll give you an experience

I got a rejection email from a recruiter that I applied to for an entry level position of a sort that I'd held for quite some time in the past.
Thank you for your resume. I did have a look and you do not process the skills or experience that my client is looking for.

I wanted to go to her office and punch her in the face.

She said "process" instead of "possess" and I think she was mad that I found out who she was and emailed and addressed her directly instead of the usual generic "to whom it may concern." She didn't have to be so condescending about it. A simple: "thank you for your application but we have decided to go with another more qualified candidate this time." A non-rejection rejection.

Great. Now I can't share this blog as a writing sample for potential jobs anymore.

No comments: