Thursday, March 15, 2012

An Excel-erated suggestion

Ehbaba is the person I know who loves MS Excel like no other.  She's a total pro, can make amazing things happen with Excel, AND she gets excited when things work, when she gets to run reports to produce charts or graphs, when she gets to use an obscure function, or even when I learn how to use a new one.  Being such a professional, I had sought some advice from her with regards to resumes in an attempt to get mine up to par on paper and online.   With that in the back of your mind...
__________

From:  ehbaba
To:  melody
Subject:  re: Resume Advice?

[...]  I like seeing led/managed/developed more than arranged/kept/verified.  I like the summary bit at the top of your resume.  It helped me decide on whether or not to read the rest of it.  I think I'll take that idea off you. :)

__________

From:  ehbaba
To: melody
Subject:  random suggestion

Since you're going for creative jobs and your resume is online, why not make it "fun" visually?  Use charts, pictures, whatever!

__________

From:  melody
To:  ehbaba
Subject: re: random suggestion


You are the ONLY PERSON in the WORLD who would suggest putting charts on my resume to make it look "fun."

LoL

__________

From:  ehbaba
To:  mel
Subject:  RE: re:  random suggestion

and when i say charts, i mean the most fun kind - pictographs!

_________

Of course she would.


No comments: