Thursday, April 16, 2009

Weighted words

He wouldn't bend, so she had to break.
...

I just finished a really heavy book. It wasn't so much the 700+ pages that gave it its weight, but more so all the trauma it held in the pages that Mr. Lamb made your own to hold onto. It also could have been so heavy because I was trying to escape a labyrinth of my own, trying to find my centre amidst all the twists and turns and dead ends. Have I mentioned I've been emotionally strung lately? Nearly cried into the pages while on the subway this morning.
...

The quote on my Starbucks cup today was the same one from almost a year ago that nearly cost me my job because I ponderously mused about the benefits of never settling for less than the best. That and because people can't be adult about matters of the heart.

No comments: