Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bewitched

    "It is well to give when asked, but it is better to give unasked."
    --Khalil Gibran
...

I would like to have been able to say: "Go away. Get out of my life. Ever since I first met you, everything has been a hell. All I want is for you to come here, put your arms around me and kiss me, and say you want to stay with me forever, but that never happens.
--page 252

    That was the only time I dared to ask her: "Why do you love me?"
    She replied: "I don't know and I don't care."
    Now, as I put the finishing touches to these pages, I believe I may have found the answer in her last conversation with the journalist.
    Love simply is.

--page 268

"The Witch of Portobello" by Paulo Coelho

...

It wasn't until halfway through the book that I realized "oh, that Portobello. Hey, I was there!"

Dork.

No comments: