Monday, April 20, 2009

Misery without company

I trust blindly
I fall deeply
I love wrecklessly
...

It's miserable out; though if that's supposed to be pathetic fallacy, the weather's got a long way to go to catch up.
...

I refuse to give up on my dreams, no matter how many times they fail to come true. I believe that romance and love will prevail and one day, he'll come chasing after me to stop me from leaving. And on that day, I'll stay.

The end--to me--is never finite. There's always room for another try. It's just that he never comes back for it. And that sucks hard.

How could you ever feel like a princess when you know there's no Prince Charming coming to your rescue?
...

Last night, I couldn't sleep. I lay in bed with the lights off and the music on. Some of the time my eyes were open--some of the time they were shut. Either way, I saw nothing. I would only come out of my emotionally numb stupor when my body would suddenly begin to convulse with sobs, or when my ears would catch the sound of a car turning slowly down my street. I fell asleep after I don't know how many hours, after my body was completely drained of tears. I lulled myself to sleep, trying to convince my heart "he's not coming...he's not coming..."
...

Why didn't he sit closer? Why didn't he come down the stairs?

No comments: