Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Those 25 things...

On FB, there's a note making the rounds where once you're tagged, you're supposed to write "25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you" and then let everyone know about it by paying it forward and tagging another round of inductees. I was interested in doing it, but doing it there was just too bait. FB is about networking with people; with people's people. And there are some people's people that I just would rather not be linked to or sharing things with.

Irregardless, it's an exercise interesting enough to have piqued my writing itch.
  1. Much of what I write means more than what it would appear to mean...unless I don't want it to.

  2. My name used to be spelled differently until I was 4--but I learned both ways.

  3. I love to travel.

  4. I want to get married.

  5. I want to have kids.

  6. I'm terrified I won't accomplish the above three before I'm thirty.

  7. I prefer softer, sadder music to most others.

  8. People like to try to be my friend more than I try to be theirs.

  9. Though hard as it is to become friends with someone, I am ridiculously loyal once that commitment has been made.

  10. I love to be in love.

  11. I am confident I will never find someone as romantic as I am.

  12. As spontaneous as I like to be, I have to be in a good routine which I feel comfortable deviating from before just doing things.

  13. While I am not a gambler, nor do I buy tickets on a regular basis, I fully expect to win the lottery one day.

  14. I am an optimist who can hold onto realism.

  15. My dream would be to be a permanent student--but one who learns of the weird and wonderful. A few months of dance, of outdoor survival, of flight training, horse-back riding, scuba, ancient civilizations...

  16. I pride myself on worldly/cultural knowledge, etiquette, and use of tact.

  17. If I can break something down into a repetitious routine, I can get really, really good at it.

  18. I didn't like eating eggs until just recently, despite having worked at a breakfast restaurant.

  19. My dream job would have me telling stories with pictures.

  20. I'm still uncomfortable with knees, and can't drink water while in the bathroom, or from the bathroom tap.

  21. I enjoy being intimidating to men, but hate having to be the one to do the breaking up because I know when to call a spade a spade.

  22. I've had a teddy bear named Bear Bear since I was 2-3 years old. I still kiss him goodnight on occasion, and can't sleep if I don't know where he is.

  23. Despite my outwardly disposition and general character, I love being taken care of, babied, and being a suck.

  24. I am self-conscious of my Cantonese/Toy-San. Even if I know how to respond to a question, I will choose to do so in English if I can.

  25. I think I did a bad job on this exercise--I feel I learned more about my friends than they would have about me from reading this. But there are still things just not fit for the internet--FB, blog, or not. :)

  26. ...

  27. I'm great at learning things on my own; I just spent an hour on teaching myself how to edit my blog template code so that it would FINALLY should unordered and ordered lists properly.

No comments: