Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The bright effect

Today's just one of those days that I'd rather be at home, letting all the sunlight I can stream through the windows, having the music up full blast, and be dancing in clothes too big that really don't belong to me at all.
...

Today's random playlist, accompanied by the awesome sunshine out is hurtling me back to memories of the simpler days. When school was a pleasure, work was optional, and company was always in abundance. Just the last week--especially the past few days--has held a little too much responsibility for me. While I'm up to the challenge, I can't help but stress when the onus is not completely on me and I'm forced to rely on someone else who can't keep up. No matter how deep a hole I fall into, I know I can always dig myself out, I'm only worried when someone falls in with me; will I be strong enough for the two of us?

(I'm actually now picturing a dirt hole and me struggling to lift someone out with my bum wrist.)
...

The hardest thing about writing stories is sharing them. I love to write stories, I love to tell stories, but once I publish them, they're left up to the reader's interpretation and that's the scary part. I'm happy to have everyone relate personally to a story one way or another, but I'm afraid when people see too much of themselves in it and mull over the notion I was writing about them and only them. Stories borrow from real life--that's why they seem real. But the only life that I know how to tell about, is my own; the rest, I have to make up.
...

My hand cream is perfumed and is giving me a head ache.
...

Mood: Decidedly lonely.

No comments: