Saturday, February 14, 2009

Romance in absentia

Being a romantic, I always was of the notion that love would find me unexpectedly; in the streets, on the elevator, in a foreign city. Instead of love finding me, I'm finding couples finding love in each other as they walk down the streets, ride the elevators, all in pairs, and in this foreign city. Ugh. If you're trying not to remind yourself of how alone you are on Valentine's Day, don't spend that weekend in a hotel...they're everywhere.
...

When you're in love, you sing them songs like this, and look at each other the way they do in this video.
...

Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away

...

Everything and more.

No comments: