Friday, February 20, 2009

A break from the system

I got home from work today at 11:45pm. I got yelled at first thing this morning for getting to work ontime. I was interrogated and told I was wrong 3 times before it was realized that I was right all along. I was asked to head a project, then scolded for doing a good job. I had to apologize to someone for having done what he was told by someone else. I rolled up my sleeves and dug in.
...

The snow fell while I was confined to the compound that makes up my office. I came out to find it a blustering and windswept sort of snow. As I drove home, I discovered it changed to a fat, thick, poor-visibility and slippery sort of snow. By the time I pulled into the driveway, it was a windblown, snow-globe, big flakes sort of snow.

It's the kind of snow out that when you look up into the sky and watch the snow fall towards you, you can see to infinity, and you get dizzy. I like that kind of snow.

No comments: