Thursday, October 09, 2008

Spotless Lunch

Having used all my liquid cash on dinner last night, I had to spend more than $4 in order to use my debit card across the street. I'm too full. On a small soup and small sandwich. Sometimes you don't feel hungry, but you know you have to eat.
...

    "Constant talking isn't necessarily communicating."

    "Is there any risk of brain damage?"
    "Well, technically speaking, the operation is brain damage, but it's on par with a heavy night of drinking."

    "Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked-up girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind; don't assign me yours."

    "I wish you had stayed."
    "I wish I had stayed too. NOW I wish I had stayed. I wish I had done a lot of things. I wish I had... I wish I had stayed. I do."
[...]
    "Joely? What if you stayed this time?"
    "I walked out the door. There's no memory left."
    "Come back and make up a good-bye at least. Let's pretend we had one."
    "Bye Joel."
    "I love you..."

No comments: