Monday, October 20, 2008

Across a universe of topics

Single.
Female.
Freshly over the hill of her twenties.

Loves the written word. Enjoys long walks through the nocturnal city, and always up for an adventure, especially when it involves food. Loves dogs and surprisingly cats as well. Fond of all animals in general, actually. Will try anything once. Tries to learn a new thing everyday--is admittedly a bit of a nerd, but balances it out with a passion for volleyball. Listens to music incessantly, is craftily creative, and wants to have lots and lots of babies. Cooks especially when help is offered with washing the dishes. A really good cudddler.

...

A blast from the past friend admitted wanting to resort to online dating. While I'm not against online love, I've always regarded it as somewhat of a last resort. It tugged on my heartstrings to know that he was going to go that route, but I also saw the point. He wasn't at the point of desperation, but he had used up all his avenues of meeting people.

I've had this discussion before; once your life settles into a comfortable, stable routine, how do you go about meeting anyone new? School has the most random chance meetings, then work allows you to meet new friends, and the friends of friends, but after that, what do you do? Even if you had other avenues of meeting people--sports, hobbies, bars and clubs--after a time those pursuits become just as routine and your sources used up.

Enter the online dating scene.

I actually think that my only "thing" about online dating is the fact that it takes the "chance" out of love. Sure, what are the chances that out of the millions of profiles out there, you'll find the one? But when it comes down to it, you'll find him because you were looking. I've always been in love with the notion of love finding you when you aren't looking.
...

Hey Jude, don't let me down
You have found her, now go and get her
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better


Watched Across the Universe tonight with the fam. Dad blasted the volume SO loud. But it was great. I love titillating music and visuals like that. Like a historical fiction, a story is woven through that which already exists. It could have been my raging hormonal levels, but the first couple of numbers made me want to cry because they were so awesome to watch (usually things with awesomeness just give me goosebumps). And of course, I love love-stories.

Close your eyes and I'll kiss you
Tomorrow I'll miss you
Remember I'll always be true
And then while I'm away
I'll write home every day
And I'll send all my loving to you

...

I started a new journal tonight. It was exciting. Especially because I made it pretty. Show you later.
...

I wrote your name into the sky,
But the wind blew it away.

I wrote your name into the sand,
but the waves washed it away.

I wrote your name into my heart,
And forever it will stay.

...

11:30pm

    "Where are you going?"
    "Out."
    "Now? Why?"
    "To write."
...

Sometimes a wealth of information at your fingertips is too much.

No comments: