Monday, April 21, 2008

The Kiss

Even though I'm slightly intoxicated in Santa Barbara on business (believe it or not) I wanted to share this with you; I found it either during my 1.5 hour delay at Pearson, or during my 2 hour lay-over in San Fran. It was unsurprisingly dated just after a friend's wedding reception in November.

Even reading it back now, I feel so lonely.
...

Fuck. I want the kiss. The kiss that means something. I might have had a kiss or two lately, but I want one from someone that WANTS to kiss me. I want the kiss. The unnecessary kiss. And then I want the flurry of extra little ones that cover me in the places that haven’t been kissed in so long.

I want to be kissed like the way the kiss in the movies that makes me scream at the screen “that doesn’t happen in real life!” Those sweet, gentle, emotionally charged kisses.

If I really think about that, I haven’t had a kiss like that in a long time. And I mean a LONG time. The kind of kiss that just lasts and lasts long after our lips have parted, but lasts because whenever I think about it in the slightest, I melt and melt again and again. THAT’S excitement. It doesn’t even have to be love. It just has to
be and good.

I want to be enveloped in arms that are reluctant to ever let me go. I want to be touched by a hand that wants to drink in my curves, my bumps, my flaws. I want to feel the breath of someone on my shoulder as he holds me from behind. I want to be led by someone that wants to show me the way.

I want to escape.

I want to fly.

I want to fall.

2 comments:

VDH said...

Kiss my...

melody said...

oh Viet, how I've missed you so...