Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Human

    “I’ve been thinking about ---. I can’t help it. And I can’t help but find myself feeling a little bad. I know it wasn’t my fault and I shouldn’t need to look back, but I still do. I feel like I should say something. I mean, what happened sucked, and I feel for ---. Is that weird?”
    “No, not at all. You’re human. You’re feeling compassion; what’s so weird about that?”
...

There's nothing weird about that. There's nothing weird about wanting to say "I'm sorry," about wanting to say "I understand," about wanting to say "I'm here for you," about wanting to make amends.

Things don't always turn out the way you want them to, but things happen for a reason, and you won't ever learn that reason if you don't move forward. I am moving forward, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to stop and help those I've left behind to catch up.
...

I went for a drive tonight. While what was at the destination was wonderful, for me, it was all about the journey.

No comments: