Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Un-caught

"I need to catch my breath before you take it away again."
    --Simone Deveaux to Peter Petrelli, Heroes
...

I can't decide whether my lack of posting is due to a lack of inspiration, or a lack of motivation. It's not like nothing's happened (hell, I'm in Calgary right now), but I guess nothing's stuck.

My favourite moments to write about are those moments that I feel need to be captured. Much like a photographer may snap a picture, I try to catch a scene; a moment. I know I'm successful when with the few words I use, paint a picture so emotional that it's tangible. Sometimes I wonder if my writing is ever too vague, but I think that sometimes, in order to convey the scene universally, it has to be just vague enough so that that everyone can see a bit of themselves in it. Regardless if I use names or not, whether the moments are real or a work of fiction, I like when anyone can come by, read, and either shake or nod their head and think "Me too--I've done that."
...



I think right now I'm waiting for my breath to be taken away--just so I can write about it.
...

    "If I'm ever looking for something, I always seem to find it when I'm with you."

It was really much less beautiful than it sounds.

No comments: