Tuesday, May 08, 2007

What can I say?

Spiderman sucked. One of my dramatic literature professors once said:
    "The best editing is always done with an eraser."
Oh man did that movie need some erasing. No spoilers for those of you who haven't seen it, but I think at best, that movie should have been an hour and 45 minutes...tops. Not the 2 and a half behemoth that it was allowed to be.

However.

It wasn't as if I was walking into that movie with the highest expectations or anything. So, if I had just buried my face into my hands when it got really bad and just didn't watch--oh, wait, that's exactly what I did--and only watched the action scenes worth my $4.25, then it was actually bearable. So, I guess all in all, it wasn't a TOTAL waste of my night. Afterall, I DID get to watch Heroes, so anything else tonight was really just superfluous.

Seriously, for once, I didn't mind the uncalled for interjections from the obviously intoxicated members of the young audience around me, and it was interesting to watch everyone mistakenly get up enmasse at the parts when we thought the movie was over...except that it just kept going and we were forced to sit back down. Not necessarily because we didn't want to miss anything important (because we knew we weren't going to) but because each of us wanted our admission to be stretched as far as it could possibly be stretched.

One shining consolation of the night was the hotness of James Franco aka Harry Osborn. It's amazing how great these villains can look when they're allowed to smile a little. With just a lop-sided grin, Harry went from spoiled little rich boy with a vendetta, to one hot, sexy, loaded bachelor. Yum.


fldskjhfaohgoahbaljfvjapbjaebjjba bajgbvafdbfadjfvbaj ...Sorry, that was me drooling on the keyboard. I don't like eggs, but sweet-smiling-Jamie-that-turns-the-music-up-loud-and-dances can cook and splatter me an omelette anytime. I'll eat him it all up. Yum.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i haven't seen the movie yet, but i do agree on the smouldering hotness that is james franco.

- dimps.

Anonymous said...

Have you been hanging around gay folks more recently, boo? You seem to be rather boy crazy in the last couple o' entries. Then again, who am I to judge? I know the feeling all too well.

Anonymous said...

i couldn't agree with you more!!!!!
yummmy!

- SeƱorita