Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Quote of the Moment:

"...and he put his sword through his heart and gave it to the dragon and said my love is in here. Take it."
...

I love Heroes.

Update: 2am

I'm home from all my volleyball and socializing and decided to get this quote down right. With a heavy heart (yeah right) I sat myself down and watched the Landslide episode again and got it all.

Hiro Nakamura:
Kensei and the dragon.

Takezo Kensei longed to unite Japan. He went to the dragon of Kiso Mountain and asked the dragon to teach him the secrets of the sword. The dragon taught him to become the kensei—a sword saint. He fought his enemies and won, saving his people. Then, the dragon came to his palace, demanding the life of the princess. Kensei drew his sword and plunged it into his own heart. He handed it to the dragon and said “my love is in here; take it.” And then he died.

I seriously don't want the season to end. But, in a conversation with a coworker today, we decided that even if they ended the series as a whole after this next episode, the entire season itself was so awesome, we could consider ourselves satisfied with a job well done. One of the most refreshing things about this series was the reminder that we didn't all have to be obsessed with reality tv anymore. Creativity, imagination, and fantasy still exist and can enrapture us all.





What's so hard to believe about there being unsung heroes among us? Everyone has a hero--you know you do. But what's truly spectacular is knowing that each of us, as normal as we may feel, has the potential to be a hero to someone else.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My heart.

Anonymous said...

what is this "heroes" that everybody speaks of...hmm.

lol

- dimps.

ehbaba said...

That IS a kick-ass line. I might start watching this show just because of it.

I may not be yet, but one day, I'm certain I'll be a hero to many. =)