Sunday, May 27, 2007

Quotes of the Weekend:


    "Oh hey, look! Greek Myths! I love these things--and they're translated by Robert Frost too; he's supposed to be good!"
    "Wha...?"
    "How come they're in this book case, mom? That's a weird spot for them." *I begin to reach for one of the volumes*
    "Oh, no, wait, you can't read those! They're holding up the shelf above!"
...

I am such a geek (c'mon, Greek Mythology for fun?) and my house is so ghetto. Mom and I had a good laugh.
...

    "PerfectGame (a female), our kissing monster mascot is SOOOOOO cute!"
    "I KNOW! If something were ever to happen to his dad, I think I'd have to step up and marry his mom."

...

This kissing monster is just the cutest, sweetest little thing EVER! AND he's soooooo well-behaved! How I haven't devoured him during one of our tournaments yet is simply a miracle of nature.
...

Volleyballer11 and I headed out to London this Friday to catch the first match of the Men's National Canada/Finland volleyball game. While the teams were warming up, balls would go flying around the arena and the young volunteers would have to go and chase them down in order to return them to the court. A few whizzed by our seats, though none actually landed in our laps--as hard as I hoped they would have. After watching a while, I leaned over to VB11 and told her that if one happened my way, I'd snatch it and stuff it under my shirt, and if they came to question me for it, I'd just pretend that I had nothing and that the bulge under my shirt was normal. That's when, with perfect timing and tone, VB11 pretended she was me speaking to the ball chasers and said:

    "What do you mean you want my baby?!

I died. I think everyone in the whole stadium heard me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i thought i felt my windows rattle a bit on friday...

- dimps