Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Betcha can't eat just one!

There was a bowl of dragonfruit in my refrigerator. Having just finished dinner, I decided that as full as I was, I had room for just one piece. So, I took the bowl out and carefully selected one cube from the pile of them. With my chin over the bowl, I tilted my head back and looked up to the ceiling as I dropped the cube of dragonfruit towards my mouth onto my outstretched tongue--and missed.

That precisely selected cube managed to slide down a good length of my tongue before coming to land amongst all the rest of the dragonfruit back in the bowl. By the time I'd returned my gaze from the ceiling to look at my precious piece, I couldn't differentiate it from any of the others.

Knowing that I'd FULLY licked that one piece and now it was nestled anonymously amongst all of the others, I stood there and contemplated the dilemma that I was now faced with--do I just select another, most likely different piece from the pile to perfectly fill me up after my already filling dinner and leave my licked piece to someone else's picking, or not?


Turns out I have a bit of a conscience--I ate the whole frickin' bowl.

2 comments:

ehbaba said...

It also turns out that you have a hungry subconscious (of course the piece was "accidentally" licked and dropped back into the bowl, "forcing" you to eat the whole thing).

Well played. Well played.

P.S. This is the longest word I've ever encounted for word verification: emqwpymv.

Anonymous said...

this might sound very un-asain of me..but what's a dragonfruit..and how is it in cubes? the picture doesn't look like it's in cubes...lol.

- dimps